Sunday 16 August 2009

VINTAGE CAMERA CASES

I have a thing for bags made for specific purposes like camera bags, sports equipment bags and other specifically shaped bags which allude to their contents regardless of whether its in there or not. There are a lot of camera cases from this vintage region, i'm not too hot on history but i would take a stab at the 60s moving into the 70s when SLR cameras were at their heyday. I vaguely remember my mum's camera case.


I think it gets more interesting when you look at the more modern takes on this item. Marc Jacobs (below) has designed this camera case which sort of looks 70s style but was probably designed within the last couple of seasons. I am trying to research camera bags like this which have been designed more recently but which have strong visual links to the 70s.

No comments: