Sunday 12 June 2011

NATALIA BRILLI

She has designed everything from laptop cases to jewellery and covered a drum set in leather. I love her stuff, her name is Natalia Brilli and she is a Belgium designer. It is not often you come across a designer who has such a specific claim to fame / MO, but still manages to have so much variety and newness in her work. I came across her a few years ago, but still love her stuff as much as i did then.


Her stuff is quirky and playful, clever and sexy at the same time. Its like a small obsession she has not unlike me and tape (http://ilovestickytape.blogspot.com/) but has managed to make an international brand out of it.


The embossed objects which seem to sit below the surface of the black leather give clues as to what is enclosed, and take full advantage of the beautiful properties of leather.


All her pieces are hand made in Paris and i am continuously inspired by her evolving style and collections.

1 comment:

Handbags Online said...

Hello - I came across your blog after finding an image of one of your bags on Pinterest while I was searching for some fresh ideas for my handbag website (no don't worry, not to copy :) )- I am glad I found your blog

This is where I saw it on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/outsidevoice/handbags/