Friday 10 June 2011

70s MACRAME

Here is a selection of macrame and jute bags mostly from the 70s. I was doing a little bit of research on woven bags and elastic and came across these on etsy. Don't you just love that site?!



I was extremely tempted to purchase this one which was going for just US$26, but really, do i need another bag? No!


I just love the neat rows of macrame that make up this bag and the contrast of the wood handle with the crafty feel of the main body of the bag. I also love the colours - just off whites which are so summery and fresh.


The slight deco patterning which adds a bit of subtle embellishment to the pattern.


The range of patterns and styles are just endless, and these are just a few of the images i found when i searched "macrame bag" on etsy. I wish i could do macrame, although mine would end up in a different category altogether. Perhaps experimental macrame or something like that.

My obsession with macrame continues on this previous post... http://anotherbagblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/macrame-and-stringy-bags.html

1 comment:

Swagat said...

Shopping bags
Really it's a nice Blog! Basically Women's are like this bag to carry her product.